Introduction to TPS Plant Tour (M0)
A half day site visit inside one of Toyota's vehicle assembly plants. This tour and discussion is designed to provide participants with an opportunity to see and discuss TPS "in action" at a Toyota plant. TSSC will share key learnings from sharing and building the TPS culture outside of Toyota for almost 30 years at non-profit organizations and many other companies. We will dive into TPS topics like Stability, Jidoka, and Just-in-Time. We will also show how some of the tools of TPS are used to create a culture of continuous improvement. This overview combines a roughly hour-long shop floor tram tour of the plant highlighting TPS concepts in real time, with a video process review for a deep dive into how TPS principles are designed into Toyota processes.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc., 4000 Tulip Tree Dr., Princeton, IN 47670
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., 1001 Cherry Blossom Way, Georgetown, KY 40324
8:30 a.m. – 8:35 a.m. Welcome / Introductions
8:35 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Introduction to TPS (History / Philosophy)
9:15 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. Load the Tram
9:25 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. TPS Tram Tour
10:10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Break
10:20 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Process Video Observation (Key TPS Concepts)
10:50 a.m. – 11:35 a.m. TPS Concepts conclusion / Intro to TSSC
11:35 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Questions / Discussion
- All tour times are Central Time.
- A valid photo ID is required for each adult scheduled for the tour.
- Long-sleeves, long pants and closed-toe shoes are required for the plant tour.
- No carry-on is permitted in the Experience Center, including purses, backpacks, briefcases, or bags of any kind. For your convenience, lockers are provided for you to store your belongings during the tour.
- Cameras, cell phones and all other recording devices must be stored, in a locker, before boarding the tram for the plant tour. Photos are encouraged in the Experience Center, but are not allowed inside the plant.
- TSSC and Toyota Motor Manufacturing reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any tour.
While TSSC seeks to share TPS with as many people as possible, from time to time TSSC may have to exclude some participants from participating in tours if employed by, affiliated with, or otherwise connected in any manner to a competitor of Toyota or a Toyota affiliate.